Corinthians football manager Roberto de Andrade said right-back Rafael Ramos went to Internacional’s locker room after the team’s match on Saturday evening, in Beira-Rio, talking to Edenilson and denies any wrongdoing against the steering wheel.
Within 30 minutes of the second half, after an altercation, Edenilson told the referee that Rafael Ramos had called him a red card.
– We accompanied Rafael to the Inter dressing room. He talked to Edenílson, explaining to him that he must have misunderstood. He said something else. Even if you let me, there is a promise in the middle … He says: “Bro, fuck”. He needs to understand something else. He apologizes if he understands something else, which is not his way. Good boy, we are sure he is. Like Edenílson too. We are not here to say one lie or another. Sometimes he speaks fast, has a Portuguese accent, he needs to understand something else. They talk and see that everything works out. He understands something else, why this whole truth happens. She apologizes. If he understands something else, forgive him. He did not say what Edenílson accused. Now it’s on their minds to think about what to do – said Roberto de Andrade, head of football at Corinthians.
Edenilson says he was racially abused by Rafael Ramos, the Corinthians player
Shortly after Edenilson made the allegations, Corinthians players talked to the side, who refused. Upon leaving the field, no one involved in the case wanted to speak. Striker Jô gave an interview and said his partner asked to say another word, with a similar tone.
Vítor Pereira, coach of Corinthians, addressed the issue at the press conference:
– I believe in people. I believed Rafael and what he told me. From what I know, from Rafael’s development, I think it is impossible for him to behave like Edenílson says he has. I told Edenílson, I believe he understood what he understood. I already have this experience. Portuguese and Brazilian are not the same language. We say things you do not understand, and things you do with the Portuguese. I have tried to speak a lot of Brazilian, which is not the same. I am not saying who is. I believe both. I do not know Edenílson, but I think he was honest, but he would have misunderstood. I know Rafael better, and I have never seen him before, he was a student, with years and years of experience. I do not know what they were saying Rafael said he said. So I will not repeat it, I do not want to say bad words, the words I have just said in this answer are enough. They already talk. One says he says one thing, another says he understands another, so … I believe in both, but I believe in a misinterpretation of Edenílson.
Edenilson, from Inter, says he was racially abused by Rafael Ramos, by the Corinthians – Photo: Silvio Avila / Getty Images
Members of the Rio Grande do Sul Police Department are currently in Beira-Rio to hear the parties involved in the case.
Watch the moment when Police officers go to Inter locker room to hear Edenilson
Internacional presents itself through writing. Check it out below:
“Once again, the negative omen of racism is locked in national football. This time, in our home, against the athlete by Worldwide. In this Saturday’s match (05/14), for the Brazilian Championship, Edenilson was declared racist by Rafael Ramos, the athlete of Corinthians.
It is a no-brainer that the reality of this kind is still happening in 2022, with no room for racism in our lives. The Center reiterated its rejection of any decision and support of its athletes. “
+ Read more Corinthians news
The ge Corinthians podcast is available on the platform below:
- 🎧 Globoplay – Click here to listen!
- Ify Spotify – Click Here To Listen!
- Pod Google Podcasts – Click Here to Listen!
- Pod Apple Podcasts – Click Here To Listen!
- 🎧 Pocket Casts – Click here to listen!
- Ntaus ️ Fighting Games!
+ Comment: everything related Corinthians of Globo, sportv and ge