Party Miners: NVIDIA RTX 30 GPUs LHR All Locked

LHR can be “output” on almost all Ampere GPUs

When Nvidia released its Ampere architecture card, with Lite Hash Rate (LHR) being sold as Ethereum “anti-mining limiter”, the world knew it was just a matter of time before an individual or group broke the lock. . . NiceHash, the company that developed QuickMiner software and Excavator miner, finally cracked Nvidia’s algorithm, releasing LHR cards for their 100% Ethereum mining performance.

Since the introduction of the LHR a year ago, many have tried to bypass the protected mining limiter. Mining software like NBMiner has managed to recover up to 70% of the performance of LHR graphics cards. Meanwhile, other services such as T-Rex are more creative and allow simultaneous mining of two different cryptocurrencies to maximize efficiency at the remaining 30%. Investing in the hopes of miners, the “shady” group released the alleged LHR Mining Unlocker, which has turned into malware.

QuickMiner only supports the DaggerHashimoto (Ethash) algorithm in its current state. The software works fine on Windows, but Linux miners have to wait until NiceHash supports the special.

– Continued after announcement –

LHR can be recorded on almost any video card

The developer claims that QuickMiner can open almost all Ampere-architected video cards, especially the GeForce RTX 3050 and GeForce RTX 3080 12GB, which supposedly use the new LHR algorithm (LHRv3).

Graphics card prices have dropped and we are starting to see greater profitability from retailers, with some GPUs selling close to MSRP. Therefore, the arrival of QuickMiner should not affect the current state of the market, unless the big companies want to buy everything before the transition from Ethereum to Proof-of -Stake (PoS), commonly known as “The Merge”.

We see this as unlikely considering the current value, even at 3080 Ti, is around $ 3.50 a day and will still need nearly a year to break even at current prices. . First scheduled for June, the collaboration will not be completed soon, according to Ethereum developer, Tim Beiko, posted on Twitter.

It will be interesting to see if Nvidia responds to this with new drivers or using LHRv3 on additional GPUs. However, it may not be necessary at this time, and all existing and previous LHRv2 applications may depend on current drivers for efficient mining operations.

The GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is powered up to 890W with BIOS for extreme overclocking

The GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is powered up to 890W with BIOS for extreme overclocking
And graphics card to continue in the instrument

…..

Thinking of shopping online? Search Adrenaline Saving continues on Google Chrome. It is free and gives you a price comparison of major stores and coupons so you can always buy at the best price. Download now.

Source: Tom’s Hardware

.

Leave a Comment